Human chains symbolize an act of human expression, carrying out a combined act between numerous boys and girls to publicly make visible in the street a position, in this case: to ask for Peace and Nonviolence in the planet.
This action organized by the association “Mundo Sen Guerras e Sen Violencia (World without War and Violence) da Coruña”, is aimed at the educational sector of the city and aims to give visibility to the “2nd World March for Peace and Nonviolence” which will cover 160 countries (from 02/10/19 to 08/03/20).
The 1st Human Chain took place in 2010 and 2,500 schoolchildren from 11 schools in the city participated.
Central Themes of the 2nd Human Chain
The central themes that the World March wants to debate are:
- The prohibition of nuclear weapons
- Non-discrimination of any kind
- Nonviolence as a new culture
- Creating conditions for an integrally sustainable planet
- The integration of regions and areas with socio-economic systems that guarantee well-being and resources for all
- Re-founding the United Nations
During this April activity, the students will participate along the promenade of the city filling the area with life and joy and will be passing between their hands some balls with the shape of the planet as a symbolic and participatory act of the attendees.
- CPR Calasancias
- CPR Company of Mary
- CPR Slaves of the Sacred Heart
- CPR Salesians
- CPR Santo Domingo
- CEIP Salgado Torres
- CEIP Zalaeta
- CEE Aspronaga
- Education Department A Coruña City Council
Provincial Council A Coruña
- ACAMPA Pola Paz e o Dereito a Refuxio” Network
- Red” Escolas polos Dereitos Humanos” by AMNISTÍA INTERNACIONAL Coruña
- SIMBIOSE” Volunteer Platform
- Emergency Rescue Association “AIRE”
- News Agency “PRESSENZA”
- SENIOR University A Coruña
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org